Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the move

so, it's happend. something i decided over five months ago has finally become a reality. however, i don't know if the reality is real to me yet. god called me into the hospital, which meant i had to leave the local church i loved and had been a part of for almost 12 years. did i hear god right? i am pretty sure i did, but i need a big reminder right about now. the only thing keeping me going are my friends who are in houston...these are my people...people from all stages of life...childhood, college & seminary, and the recent memories of all the love i recieved from my people in plano before i left.

i do feel blessed. my friend stephanie has graciously welcomed me into her home. it's a comfortable place to be. we are often reminded why we get along so well...we eat a lot of the same foods, we think alike, and we even buy the same laundry detergent...arm & hammer...maybe it's because we are pastors and we have to buy the cheap stuff or maybe it's just one more affirmation that we are meant to journey together over this next year, who knows.

my life is changing before my eyes. i am approaching my 35th birthday, i am starting a new job, and i am about to be a commuter...a real city girl who takes the bus and the rail everyday to work.

you know, the more i think about it, the more excited i get. i can't wait to see what the lord has in store for me. a few more days of getting settled in and then day 1 at methodist hosptial is here. until then, i will continue to reflect on how loved i felt by the people at saumc in plano, texas, and i will try not to worry and wonder if i will feel just as loved by my new people in the hospital. why do we, i mean i, worry? and, why isn't being loved by my creator enough? oh, if that question could be answered.

4 comments:

  1. Stace, I love that you have this blog...and that I can still journey with you as you follow your calling. It's been so evident over the past few months...the past year that this is exactly what the Lord has for you right now. I don't doubt that at all...not even a bit.

    Know that we think and talk about you all the time. Your saumc fam always has lots and lots of love for you...obviously. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date and rest assured I'm praying for you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy-P :: it's not so much that you LEFT friends in Plano, but that you're EXTENDING your friendship to Houston/Katy. You see, YOU'RE the friend, and we're the lucky ones who get to call you that, no matter where we all happen to be!

    ps - nice blog, good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea on keeping a blog this year...can't wait to "follow" you on it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy,
    I thought about all of us as I started my residency Monday. I wish you blessings, peace, and serenity as you also embark on this journey in your life.

    Stacey Merlin

    ReplyDelete