Monday, September 14, 2009

the place

slowly but surely i am finding my place here. the weekend was a good reminder of why i was drawn to move to houston. friday night we celebrated my friend bryan's birthday. we gathered at the original ninfa's for a yummy dinner on the patio (i strongly recommend) and then went bowling...my mad skills snuck out the first game (114), but something happened second game (83)! i met some beautiful new people, and it was a great way to end a long week. thanks to bryan for giving us a reason to get together!


saturday morning i took a long walk at memorial hermann park in the museum/med center district. as you can see, it resembles the reflection pool and monument in washington d.c. it's near the houston zoo too. it was also museum district day, so lots of people were out and about. i loved the activity. i loved the scenery. i loved the time that i spent with the lord.

saturday night i reunited with two different groups from a&m. party #1 was a "sip and see" for our friend kenny and angelique. they welcomed zander into the world in april and we finally had our play date! zander was one of 5 kids at our party...what a difference a few years make. party #2 was a housewarming party for one of my college roommates. i reconnected with a girl that i went to europe with my senior year at a&m. we already have plans to do stuff with an organization called houston young people for the arts. it's nice to have another fun single girl my age to get out and socialize with.

with each day comes something new. i learn a new road, stumble upon a new fun coffee shop or find a local florist with bargains that make me smile. my new favorite place to buy fresh flowers: river oaks plant house. i bought hydrangeas for our sip and see, and i came home and arranged them to look like the picture...$2.95 a stem!!
i have lots to be thankful for. i am blessed. and ultimately, truth for me is that i will always have a place. regardless of how long it takes to be familiar with my physical surroundings, my place is resting in the hands of the lord. this is a place that transcends all else, and it's a place i never have to leave.

1 comment: