Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the shoes

feast your eyes on pure goodness. i am now a proud owner of these shoes in both black and brown. how does it make me feel? well, i am mourning the fact that i will rarely, if ever, wear a cute shoe to work as long as i am a chaplain. and then if that's not bad enough, these shoes totally dictate the wardrobe, which means borderline boring and conservative. you know me, i am all about a little sass, especially in the shoe department, something to catch the eye of another. well, those days are over for a while. these clogs by dansko are far from sassy (and i had to take out a small loan to purchase them), but they do meet one of my criteria...they make me smile! they felt like butta on my feet today! you should have seen me at 7:30am this morning at "scrubs and beyond" in the med center when i put one on my foot...i couldn't get the other one on fast enough. the salesperson told me that it must be my lucky day because they usually never have both colors in my size in stock because they are so popular in the medical profession...i'd like to think that God was just looking out for me...i mean who wants a visit from a chaplain who is thinking more about her feet than you, the patient?

speaking of visits...i had some amazing ones today. my first psych patient, one post brain surgery and one who just had a halo put on. God taught me a lot about hope today and reminded me of the importance of a community of faith. we just weren't meant to live our lives alone.

7 comments:

  1. welcometo my world of comfy shoes. The good news is you can still be "sassy feet" at other times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would take comfort over sass ANY time. when your feet ain't happy, than nothing can make you happy. speaking as an extremely pregnant lady with achy feet, i know this first hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, those are the shoes I was talking about! Glad you got them. I am glad you are now visiting patients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy,
    I am also in search of the perfect pair of shoes and equally exhausted everyday. The other night I feel asleep at 6:45pm, woke up at 9:45 and ate a bowl of cereal, read 5 pages for school, fell back asleep at 11:00 and didn't even change positions when I woke up at 6:00am. Parkland is killing me, but I love my fellow chaplains and supervisors. It really is a great place to work. I keep praying for strength and I will have to go try a pair of those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. danskos are the best (for comfort at least...) teachers wear them too. i know you, of all people, will accessorize them to the MAX! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (that was jan scott above... luke knows little about accessorizing shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete