Tuesday, April 13, 2010

the encounter

these last couple of days in the hospital have been a blessing. in my last post i spoke about the bondage experienced by so many of those who find themselves here. i prayed that God would encounter those who are hurting...well, God's doing a pretty good job...encountering me.

i sat with this sweet woman this morning as her husband died. what a gift to be with someone during such an intimate time. she told me stories about their lives as we waited for her daughters to arrive. here is my reflection to remind me of this sacred encounter...

The Dance

"May I have this dance?"
He asked confidently.

"Of course."
She answered sweetly.

The beginning of a new life together,
where their shining moment
was a dance
in their boots
in Hollywood.

"I'll miss you."
She said tearfully.

One last breath.
He breathed peacefully.

The beginning of a new life yet again,
where their shining moment
will be a dance
in their boots
in Heaven.

To be heard by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment