Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the packet

after two failed attempts today , i finally found a place to fed-ex my ordination packet! you'll be happy to know that a faithful group of people will be reviewing the following:

an autobiographical statement
a description of my ministry setting
a 22pg paper creatively weaving my theology and evidence of practicing that theology
a 6wk bible study on ezra-nehemiah
a sermon in written form and the preached event on dvd
results from a medical physical examination, including bloodwork
results from a psychological examination and interview
recommendations from various people
my transcript from duke AND the crazy class i'm currently enrolled in
a form that asked all sorts of questions, including one about the state of my brother's marriage (i checked the "happy" box)...yes, i did say my brother
a notarized form saying that i am not a convict

so, there you have it. i hope they like me. they'll meet me in person to decide on march 22nd. thanks for your continued prayers.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh-you forgoet a swatch of your hair-hurry-call fedx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no finger prints? Or did I miss that? It must feel great to get that packet on it's way. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete